With autism now affecting at least 1 in 88 children in the U.S., it’s more important than ever that autism awareness translates into action and meaningful help for families.
NAA’s mission is to respond to the most urgent needs of the community. Our programs are designed to bring real help to families who are struggling to provide for their children and to keep them safe. We need your help to fund these programs. We understand that a financial donation is not possible for many of us, but you can still help by giving just a few minutes of your time to share this information.
Here are just a few ways to support NAA’s programs during Autism Action Month.
- Visit The Autism Site – each time you click on the blue “Click to Give” button, a donation will be made to NAA’s Helping Hand program.
- Alex and Ani’s beautiful “Piece of the Puzzle” bangle is available here! This bracelet was designed for YOU, and 20% of all sales will benefit our programs.
- Janine Stillman of Designs by Ja9 is a long-time supporter of NAA. Check out her brand new website featuring her unique line of dichroic glass jewelry, including a couple of very special pieces designed exclusively for NAA.
- Magic Dog Studio is featuring an autism awareness collection of jewelry, designed and handmade by a very talented Mom. A 20% donation on sales of these unique items will support NAA.
- Our friends at Mayer-Johnson are MATCHING donations to NAA during the month of April. Your $5 donation will become $10!
- LoJack SafetyNet – with just a click to “like” their Facebook page, a $5 donation will be made on your behalf to NAA’s Big Red Safety Box program!
- Start your own online fundraising campaign at Crowdrise or FirstGiving. Get creative, build your own personalized web page, and have fun!
- Host a dress-down day at work – have everyone donate a few dollars and wear their favorite jeans to the office on Friday! Kids – ask your teachers about hosting a funky hat day at school!
- Do you know of a company that might like to become a corporate sponsor of NAA’s programs? Send them our way! Donations to NAA don’t fall into a black hole of administrative costs or research that may help twenty years from now. We’re here to help right now! Together, we can truly make a difference for families affected by autism.