Since 2003, the National Autism Association has created and implemented direct-assistance programs for the growing number of families affected by autism. Along with these services, NAA provides autism research funding, ongoing advocacy, support and education.
Because we are a parent-led non-profit organization, our objectives and resources center on:
- Strengthening autism families by providing support in areas of greatest need, such as safety, therapy and medical services
- Providing our members and community with the latest information pertaining to research, education, legislation, safety, and therapy and treatment trends
- Funding impactful research studies aimed at real progress for our children
- Raising awareness about the autism epidemic
Although autism affects more children than any other childhood disorder, it is still the least funded. As awareness increases about autism, our hope is that resources will also increase. Until that time, we will continue to expand our programs so that we may provide support to as many autism families as possible.
To learn more about our programs, choose from the following:
- Big Red Safety Box/FOUND
- Big Red Safety Teacher Toolkit
- Give A Voice
- Autism ATRIUM
- National Autism Conference
To become a member, or donate to any of NAA’s critical programs, click here.