The National Autism Association’s Big Red Safety Box® is a free-of-charge
safety toolkit for autism families in need of wandering-prevention tools.
Please review ALL of the information below before submitting your application.
To apply for an NAA Big Red Safety Box®, you must:
- Be the primary caregiver of an individual with an autism diagnosis.
- Be 18 years or older and a resident of the U.S.
- Agree to the terms and conditions stated in the application.
- Be a first-time recipient. Previous recipients are not eligible to apply, orders will be canceled.
- Apply only once. Multiple requests will not be processed, limit one box per family.
- Allow up to 3 weeks for NAA to review your application and deliver your Big Red Safety Box.
NAA’s Big Red Safety Box® includes:
- Educational materials and tools, including NAA’s Be REDy Booklet
- Two (2) GE Door/Window Alarms including batteries
- One (1) MedicAlert Bracelet or Pendant, and One (1) Shoe ID tag. You will receive instructions in the box to submit your custom personalization order and create your free MedicAlert account
- Five (5) Adhesive Stop Sign Visual Prompts for doors and windows
- Two (2) Safety Alert Window Clings for car or home windows
- One (1) Red Safety Alert Wristband
- One (1) Child ID Kit from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
- If you have more than one child with autism and need additional ID’s, wristbands, etc., they can be purchased separately in our Big Red Safety Shop.
- NAA’s Be REDy Booklet can be downloaded for free.
- NAA’s Big Red Safety Boxes® have a retail value of over $65.00. To help NAA continue this program, we ask you to please consider Paying it Forward by making an optional donation when requesting your NAA Big Red Safety Box®.
- NAA’s Big Red Safety Box® grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to all qualifying applicants while supplies last. You are not required to make a donation to receive one.
- You will receive instructions in the box to create your free MedicAlert account and custom personalization order for your ID tags. Your IDs will be quickly engraved and mailed to you at no charge.
Regardless of any tools caregivers may have in place, if a loved one’s medical condition interferes with their ability to recognize danger or stay safe, it is critical that caregivers maintain close supervision and security in all settings. For more information, visit our AWAARE site.